The Many Responsibilities of a REALTOR®
A REALTOR® is obligated to do everything they can to sell their client’s home for the best price in the shortest amount of time.
Here are some of the many responsibilities of a REALTOR®.
- One of their most important tasks is to price the home properly. Your REALTOR® will research active, pending, and sold properties in your area to educate you on local market conditions.
- They’ll also discuss a marketing plan for your home. This plan will likely include ways to use things like the internet, quality photos, and home staging to present your home at its best. Remember, your REALTOR® will spend their own money to promote your property, but won’t get paid unless your home sells.
- Your REALTOR® will plan and coordinate showings for interested buyers, hold open houses and preview your home to fellow agents in the multiple listing service.
- Your REALTOR® will also make sure buyers are qualified and negotiate on your behalf for the best terms in a contract.
- They will be present for the home inspection and home appraisal – and will manage the process for you from the time an offer is accepted until the closing.
Working with a REALTOR® will keep you calm and make the sale process considerably less stressful.