Questions to Ask When Hiring a Home Stager
A home stager can help you decide what parts of your home are assets and which areas need improvement.
Staged homes look better in online photos – and this can help create more showings. Staging your home can also help you to sell quicker and, hopefully, for a better price. Here are some tips on hiring a home stager.
- Start by asking whether the home stager has any formal training or past experience.
- Ask for a list of references and photos of other homes they’ve staged.
- Ask about their fees.
- Are fees monthly or a flat rate?
- Always ask for a set budget and a contract.
- Ask the stager how they choose what furniture and décor go into the home, and whether they are available to work within your timeline.
- Lastly, ask if their business is covered by insurance.
If you are considering hiring a home stager to help present your home at its best, and appeal to buyers, you’ll want to hire someone who is right for you and your home.