Key Steps in the Home Selling Process
CATEGORY: Selling – Keywords: First Time Home Seller, Home Sale Advice, Home Selling Process Explained
If you are considering selling your home but not sure of the process, here are the key steps involved:
- First, choose a REALTOR® to help you.
- Next, consult your REALTOR® to understand what your home is worth and what a reasonable asking price would be.
- Ask them for suggestions on ways to make your home most appealing to potential buyers.
- Once you sign the listing agreement and complete the seller disclosure report, your REALTOR® will begin to market your home.
- Cooperate with them to prepare for open houses and showings.
- Your REALTOR® will help you review and negotiate offers from buyers.
- Once you accept an offer, prepare for a home inspection and a home appraisal from the buyer’s lender.
- At this point, the process is almost complete, so begin making plans for your move.
- Documents will be prepared for closing and the buyer will complete a final walkthrough.
- At the closing, the buyer and seller will both sign all of the necessary documents and the legal rights to your property will be turned over to the buyer in exchange for their payment.
- Don’t worry, your REALTOR® will be with you all the way to answer your questions and to give you advice.