Hiring a Pest Control Professional
Here are some tips for hiring a pest control professional.
- First, be wary of exterminators who show up uninvited and offer a “free” inspection since they may use scare tactics to pressure you into authorizing costly treatments.
- Always deal with a qualified and licensed pest management company.
- Ask friends and neighbors to recommend companies they have used successfully and how satisfied they were with the service.
- It’s also a good idea to get bids from several companies.
- Ask about their training and their approach to pest control.
- Don’t choose a company based on price alone… quality is the most important factor.
- Before you sign a contract, get details on the extent of the infestation, the proposed work plan, and the number of visits that will be required to solve the problem.
- Lastly, if you are offered a “guarantee,” look over what it covers, how long it lasts, and what you might have to do to keep it in force.