Carpet Care Tips from the Pros
While many people prefer carpet, it does take some work to keep clean. Here are a few carpet care tips used by the pros:
▪ First, invest in quality carpet and have it treated so that any future spills won’t become permanent stains.
▪ Vacuum your carpet at least once per week, but don’t set your vacuum too low or you’ll run the risk of damaging your carpet.
▪ Of course, no matter how often you vacuum, you’ll need to have your carpets professionally cleaned every two years or so to take care of deep cleaning. It is impossible for a household vacuum to remove particles that are deep within the fibers of the carpet… but professional cleaning can leave your carpet looking like new.
▪ Never rub stains, blot them. If you have a spill, blot it from the outside-in using a clean cloth or paper towel.
▪ Club soda can also be used to remove things like beer and wine stains.
Lastly, timing is important with any spill… the sooner you clean it, the better it will be for your carpet.